Post by mnaylor1989 on Apr 21, 2018 11:17:08 GMT -5
My driver side headlight wiring started smoking so I unplugged it. I pulled the wiring apart and cut out the bad wiring but there was a diode or resistor in the wiring. Does anyone know what the resistor is that is inline? Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I found the brown and white wires are hot wires but not sure which one goes to the halo and which one goes to the headlight? I am also not sure which one has the resistor as it was all melted together. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I had 3 sets of headlights fail on my Duruxx due to melting wires. After checking with a lot of owners this has been a typical issues on the Duruxx and Oreion and very costly to replace the headlights. I purchased the new Rebel LED headlights last month and half the price and they are a much better quality and very bright.
I just took a 2015 Oreion Reeper in trade for my Harley Davidson as I could not do two wheels safely any longer. This Reeper is in near new condition (only 750 kilometers on it and everything on it was working until I just trailered it from Texas to Florida. Now the headlight/taillight stem switch will not turn on the headlights and tail lights. All other lights come on with the switches on the dash (halo light switch, etc., as do the turn signals, emergency flashers, etc. Have checked all fuses listed as relating to headlights. Fuses all appeared good and I swapped them around to see if another problem cropped up but none did. Does anyone have a suggestion for the cause of the problem and the repair necessary. I would have to rent a trailer and haul it about 100 miles to get to a dealer and would like to repair myself. Have been a "shade tree" mechanic for almost 60 years but this is a new animal for me and the owners manual in right next to useless, in my estimation. Will greatly appreciate any/all feedback on this problem. Thanks.
Dennis, I apologize for the inconvenience but we do not allow guest to post on the Forum there for your post will have to be deleted. We ask that you please join and repost. It doesn't cost anything but a minute of time to sign up and then you can receive notifications when someone replies to your question. I would make sure you have power coming from the switch they do have a tendency of going bad we've had several members who have had to replace switches. Again I apologize for the inconvenience as it is foreign policy thank you.